Technically, there are two types of security systems – physical and cyber security. However, the physical security of an organization greatly depends on modern IT. Physical security from SWAT Security International Inc., integrated and powered by cyber security helps ensure protection from theft of important assets and organizational data.
Integrated physical and cyber security stitch in time and save nine when the organizational personnel miss it.
The cost, effort, and ROI of investment in integrated physical and cyber security is several folds more than other types of security investments.
What is Physical Security Policy?
Physical security policy is the fundamental outline of your basic, advanced, and overlapped security areas. The process of physical security revolves around various goals including protecting assets, protecting data, communication and employee surveillance, workspace monitoring, and more.
The purpose of physical security policy is divided into three goal-oriented steps.
- Protecting the organization, personnel, and organizational assets and data from theft, crime, and foreign invasion
- Monitoring the workspace and employees
- Keeping records of unusual activities with the help of modern devices like CCTV Cameras, access control gates, and tracking employee emails and phones
Essentials of a Physical Security Policy
- A security policy must adhere to the rules and techniques of Enterprise Information Security Architecture.
- The policy should describe the key problem areas including vulnerable targets and targets of unauthorized entrance
- List of physical entry controls
- List of restricted areas (Some organizations include map of the surveillance rooms and high security rooms. It is generally not recommended as the security papers are distributed among all employees and may be leaked intentionally)
- List of power supply units and buttons and their controlling authorities
- Rules and laws against removal of any data or asset from the organization
- Rules for multicultural organizations and action policy against stereotypical or any other type of violence in the organization
- List of illegal weapons, tools and lethal equipments that are restricted to bring inside the premises of the enterprise
- List of restricted IT equipment in the premises
How Physical Security Policy Helps Save Money?
Organizations can save thousands of dollars every year simply by crafting a physical security policy under professional supervision of a security firm such as SWAT Security International Inc.
Physical security policy helps establish positive market reputation, which brings cream talent. The cost-effective turnout is in the form of reduced recruitment costs, higher productivity, and more efficient employees.
A physical security policy reduces the risk of theft in a number of ways. Firstly, minimum data theft protects your intellectual properties and sustains client’s confidence in your organization. Secondly, minimum equipment theft reduces replacement costs.
This policy establishes employee confidence in your organization. Additional security builds trust among the ordinary employees and transforms them into legal employees. Again, it increases productivity and helps reduce recruitment costs.
Are You Ready?
Now that you already know the importance of a physical security policy, you are all set to launch your own customized and personal physical security policy. For guidance, support, consultancy, and physical security services, contact SSI Protection Services Inc. Read our blog ‘How to Choose a Security Firm’ to learn more about choosing a reputed and trustworthy security firm.