1. Ensure all doors, windows and other possible entrances are locked before you leave. Install a smart lock system if possible, as this will allow you to monitor your home remotely and provide an added layer of control over who can access it.
2. Have a trusted family member or neighbor collect any mail, packages or deliveries that come in while you’re away. You don’t want to advertise that you’re out of town by leaving packages or mail to pile up on the front porch or mailbox.
3. Leave lights on inside the house throughout the evening and/or install motion sensor lights outside as a deterrent against potential intruders.
4. Ask a neighbor to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity around your property while you are gone and report any concerns immediately to the police.
5. Unplug all electronics such as computers, televisions, stereos and appliances before leaving on vacation to avoid damage due to faulty wiring or power surges while you are away.
6. Put timers on interior lamps in different rooms of the house so they turn on and off at various intervals throughout the day, creating the illusion that someone is home even when they are not.
7. Make sure there is no build up of snow or ice near exits (such as doorways) which could potentially create a fire hazard when melted by heat inside of the home over time.
8. Consider installing surveillance cameras both indoors and outdoors for extra monitoring capability during your absence from home; this can be especially beneficial if there’s evidence that someone has been snooping around your property before or during your vacation period away from home .
9 . Store any valuable items out of sight in a secure location in case anyone does break into your home; securing jewelry, documents, cash etc., in a safe deposit box prior to leaving is also wise for further protection against theft or loss .
10 . Finally , consider hiring professional security guards from SWAT Security Guards Incorporated for added peace-of-mind while away from your residence; these professionals can provide 24/7 surveillance services with their teams of experienced guards patrolling properties regularly while checking various entry points and preventing any unwanted intruders from entering homes unannounced.